Monday, August 07, 2006

Walt Kelly Spins In His Grave

Florida's attorney general, a Republican candidate for governor, got his first taste of marsupial Saturday at the Wausau Possum Festival....

Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson and U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris of Longboat Key, a candidate for the GOP nomination to challenge the incumbent in November, participated in the parade. ...

Nelson left before the auction but Harris dug into a plate of possum and won one of the creatures with a $400 bid.
Why do I keep posting about this delusional obsessive? It's not just because I lived in her poor state for two years. It's that she is perhaps the most chronically self-unaware major candidate I've ever heard of. And she's got three more months to go....

UPDATE: Princess Sparkle Pony shows I'm not cynical enough. Damn, I wish I'd thought of this headline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home