Monday, February 20, 2006

Counting Chromosomes

Shakespeare's Sister is excited by some Presidential remarks:
"Roof makers will one day be able to make a solar roof that protects you from the elements and at the same time, powers your house," Bush said.
Wow! Are you telling me that “roof makers” might someday be able to harness the power of the sun using solid matter? That’s fucking amazing! I had no idea that the roof of my childhood friend Susie’s house, which was covered by solar panels by her science teacher dad 30 years ago, wasn’t actually able to protect them from the rain and snow all these years! You’d think I would have noticed how we weren’t protected from the elements any one of the nine gazillion times I spent the night at her house, but silly old me, I never did. It’s probably because I’m a girl, and girls are bad at sciencifying and stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory Shock said...

Nice post ... fuckin' A

10:03 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

I am gonna try to post a comment againl. For some reason, two previous attempts didn't work, Bride.

Nice post. I dig your variation on the theme. It's a true reaction to untrue bullshit ... Neil Shakespeare had the same reaction manifested in his Bush discovers the sun piece ... the prez does sound like a moron ... anyhow, I hope this comment makes it to postdom ... I will watch with curiosity

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home