Thursday, February 08, 2007

Finally!!!

There now, that wasn't so tough, was it, John?
John Edwards
2/08/2007 at 11:36 AM EST

The tone and the sentiment of some of Amanda Marcotte's and Melissa McEwan's posts personally offended me. It's not how I talk to people, and it's not how I expect the people who work for me to talk to people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign, whether it's intended as satire, humor, or anything else. But I also believe in giving everyone a fair shake. I've talked to Amanda and Melissa; they have both assured me that it was never their intention to malign anyone's faith, and I take them at their word. We're beginning a great debate about the future of our country, and we can't let it be hijacked. It will take discipline, focus, and courage to build the America we believe in.
It was far too long, but at least he did ultimately do the right thing. It looks like it will be up to the rest of us to keep pointing out the bigotry and hypocrisy of the people who called for firing those bloggers. But he did stand up for them at last. Praise where it's due.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everyone out there understands "blogger mentality". You know, bloggers are real people. Edwards is to be commended for trying to understand and not letting right wing whack jobs make his hiring decisions for him.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home