Thursday, April 13, 2006

Putting Faces On The Straw Men

Former Dallas County Democratic Chair Ken Molberg gets personal about immigration laws and the march in Dallas.
Mr. Rendon used to dig the graves at St. Mary’s Cemetery in my home town. He buried a lot of my kinsmen and maybe some of yours.

Until I rounded the corner onto Akard Street last Sunday, just one of several hundred thousand on the way to City Hall, I hadn’t thought of him in years. Mr. Rendon spoke some English and his wife spoke only Spanish. That wasn’t unusual to me. After all, out of the seven houses in my area, there were only two people who did not regularly speak German in their conversations with each other: me and my mother. ...
It's very good. Go read it all at "Walking For Eduardo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home