Monday, May 29, 2006

Tome of the Unknowing

Today the only President we've got signed a bill outlawing protests at military funerals, then drove past competing demonstrators from Fred Phelps ("God hates fags") and FreeRepublic ("only traitors question Bush") to Arlington. There he spoke and laid flowers.

One of my close relatives is buried there. At the funeral they handed me the flag from the coffin. I am sure he would not want me to disrespect the Commandante of Grief's token effect in tribute to many who didn't pull strings or have other priorities. Very well, I'm glad el jefe paid the lip service.

I'll say instead: that bill violates the Constitution all those underground died to uphold. Those protesters should kill each other off and make this a better world. The most recent additions to those hillsides never should have been placed in harm's way at all, much less with insufficient armor and support from the great brothel just across the river from their resting place. I'm not ashamed of the flag that flies over them. I am sickened by its abuse by puny politicians unworthy of its traditions.

Just turn away and pretend the man in the limousine isn't unfit to set foot there.

2 Comments:

Blogger QuakerDave said...

Fred Phelps is a hater and a fool, but amen to what you said here.

5:28 PM  
Blogger QuakerDave said...

Fred Phelps is a hater and a fool, but amen to what you said here.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home