Friday, April 21, 2006

Look At The Teeth On That Gift Horse

Yesterday Blogspot was acting strange. When I tried to put up posts, I got strange messages about databases. When I tried again, it claimed to be working, and even took two posts. Then I noticed that one from the day before that was missing. I entered it again, and looked to find the missing one was back too, so now I had a duplicate -- but my two new ones from yesterday were now gone. I deleted the duplicate and gave up. This morning there is no sign of the missing two, so I'll reenter my daily birthday snark from yesterday. I assume this has something to do with the "upgrade" the night before that.

Blogger's free, and it's easy, but you can understand the people who keep switching to paid web hosts in hope of avoiding such recurring glitches. The bad news is, sometimes the new place is even worse. Look what happened to the American Street this last year. They got a new, non-free host -- and began months of having to reboot frequently. They finally replaced that vendor with a more user-friendly one (so far, so good), but lost lots of regular visitors during the period of frustration. Blogger may mess up now and again, but at least they're not evil.

1 Comments:

Blogger QuakerDave said...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one having problems yesterday. I thought maybe some troll had crawled into my processor...

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home